Section 2: Instructions for Handling
Handling during Erection Phase
- Offloading instructions as given below shall apply to loading and off-loading of pallets, crates and bundles from site yard to erection points.
- Transportation from storage points to erection points to be such as to ensure that all pallets, crates and bundles remain intact up to point of erection.
- At the erection point, care shall be taken to ensure that the pallet, crate and bundle contents remain intact when the retaining straps are broken. This will prevent the possibility of mechanical damage or of items lying in dust, water, mud of other contaminant whilst awaiting installation.
- All opened pallets, crates and bundles are to be fully installed onto structure prior to end of day’s work.
- All intact pallets, crates and bundles unused during the day’s work are to be protected against overnight damage, particularly the possibility of flooding.
- During erection and installation all products are to be handled with care, avoiding all bumps and knocks which may affect the integrity and corrosion protection of the frames and rolls.