Section 3: Installation Instructions
Having confirmed that the conveyor support is correctly aligned and that the idler mounting holes on either side of the conveyor are both equidistant from the belt centre line and perpendicular to the belt line proceed to install the conveyor idlers as follows:
- Mount idler frame onto structure and fix to steelwork through the appropriate slots in the foot plate.
- Ensure that the idler frame is correctly positioned with respect to belt travel – confirm by means of belt direction arrow where indicated.
- The idler frame should always be pushed backward toward the tail end of the conveyor so that the fixing bolts are at the extreme front end of the slotted hole.
- Install idler rolls into appropriate fixing slots. Ensure that the shaft is fully seated in the slot. Ensure freedom of movement by rotating the roll. In certain instances minor adjustments to the roll support bracket may be required (e.g. handling damage on steelwork).
- Ensure that final alignment is correct and tighten all idler mounting bolts securely with a wrench. (See also section 4 – Commissioning)
- Final alignment requires that the centre of all idlers is in a straight line, perpendicular to the line of belt travel, properly spaced and level.